Summer had to come to an end eventually, and with it, so does your current skin care lineup. Like with clothing, what was lightweight and breezy for summer just isn’t going to cut it for fall. With less humidity in the air, a major by-product of the colder weather to come is dry skin, along with flakiness, redness, breakouts and dullness. Adapting your routine to the new season means incorporating products that maintain optimal levels of hydration and decrease irritation.
To effectively transition your skin care from summer to fall, we’ve put together a few expert tips. Plus, you can find all your fall essentials with our very own line of Adoro Medical Spa skin care products!
#1: Opt for a gentle cleanser.
A gentle, cream-based cleanser will help remove dirt, oil and makeup without stripping your skin’s protective barrier. These cleansers are great for cushioning your skin as the dry fall weather sets in, leaving it moisturized and soft.
● Soothing Tea Antiox – This cleansing formula, rich in botanicals and protective antioxidants, creates a gentle cloud of pearlescent lather that thoroughly foams away oil, debris and makeup without excessive rubbing.
#2: Switch to a thicker moisturizer.
Another way you can dial up the hydration in your routine is, of course, with your daily moisturizer. While a weightless lotion feels great during the high humidity of summer, thicker creams in the fall will better help lock in moisture and restore your lipid barrier.
● Total Nourish & Repair – This decadently rich, restorative night cream provides intense moisturization and age-defying benefits, nourishing dry skin back to optimum health.
● Hydrate Hand & Body – This luxe hydrating cream is excellent for dry, chapped skin with a non-greasy formula that holds in moisture.
#3: Add retinol to your routine.
Fall and winter are the perfect seasons to add retinol into your at-home skin care regimen. Retinols are the gold standard for anti-aging.
• Adoro Advanced Smooth Pure Retinol 2.5X, 5X, 10X – This trans-retinol helps to improve the look of lines, wrinkles, pores and blemishes. Infused with Bakuchiol, it also boosts overall antioxidant activity to reduce any redness or irritation.
#4: Never skimp on SPF.
While beach days are no longer on the horizon, sun damage is still very much a threat even in the colder months. Harmful ultraviolet radiation can penetrate your skin no matter what the forecast is, so make sure to apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen daily to keep your skin’s health and beauty protected.
● Intellisheer SPF 50+ – This gentle sunscreen is safe for sensitive and acne-prone skin, providing lasting protection against UVA and UVB rays. Intellisheer has both a tinted and non-tinted option.
#5: Show your lips some love, too.
Along with dry skin, you may be prone to chapped or cracking lips during the dry autumn season. To prevent loss of moisture, you can protect your pucker with a hydrating lip balm or lip mask to apply before bedtime.
● Luscious Lips Instant Plump & Gloss – This moisturizing gloss, made with peptides that support collagen production and broad-spectrum SPF 30, delivers improved softness and texture of the lips while adding volume.
We can’t wait to help you nourish and protect your skin this fall season! To browse all our Adoro skin care products, visit our online shop today. To learn which products are right for you, call us at 443-569-7774 or request a consultation online.