Voted 2023 Top Oculoplastic-Cosmetic Eyelid Surgeon Elba M. Pacheco, MD is recognized for meticulous surgical technique, natural results and for the use of surgical lasers. Since her Oculoplastics fellowship, Dr. Pacheco has served on the Johns Hopkins Wilmer Eye Institute faculty for 30+ years, establishing herself as an expert in the field. Just as one chooses a cardiologist for a heart condition, an oculoplastic surgeon is the only specialist whose expertise focuses exclusively on eyelids. Attention to the delicate anatomy ensures that better aesthetic results and normal function are achieved.
In 1999, Dr. Pacheco founded Adoro Medical Spa, a center of excellence for eyelid surgery and comprehensive rejuvenation, following her tenure as cosmetic director for The Wilmer Eye Institute. Teaching at Wilmer and as a national injector and cannula instructor further distinguishes Dr. Pacheco as an expert. Together with aesthetic RN Mary Cofran, Dr. Pacheco continually expands spa services and offers exceptional personalized care in a serene, upscale environment at Adoro’s elegant facility.
Dr. Pacheco views her work as sculptural. Whether through eyelid surgery, artistically used injectables or cutting-edge skin tightening, laser skin rejuvenation, BBL® photorejuvenation or fat reduction, her approach is mindful of three-dimensional contour in order to unveil a more beautiful, naturally rejuvenated version of each patient.
Men and women alike appreciate the tailored services, including Botox®, fillers, jaw and chin contouring, radiofrequency skin tightening, hand rejuvenation and chin and body fat reduction, all with minimal downtime. Treatments are customized to individuals’ needs, some with NO downtime, such as: Hydrafacial®, broadband light BBL therapy and Thermage®.
The exceptional quality of care Dr. Pacheco offers stems from her world-class medical training and personal philosophy. Her professional background includes:
- 1991 – Present: Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology at The Wilmer Eye Institute of The Johns Hopkins University.
- 1991: Board Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology.
- 1991: Completion of her fellowship in Oculoplastic and Reconstructive Surgery at The Wilmer Eye Institute of The Johns Hopkins University.
- 1989: Completion of her residency in Ophthalmology at the Bascom Palmer Eye Institute of the University of Miami, School of Medicine.
- 1985: Graduated medical school from the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Columbia University.